Section 108890. (Added by Stats. 1995, Ch. 415, Sec. 6.)
Cite as: Cal. Health & Safety Code §108890.
(a) For the purposes of enforcing this chapter, any authorized agent of the department may, upon presenting credentials showing that he or she is an authorized agent of the department and at a reasonable time, do any of the following:
(1) Enter any factory, warehouse, or establishment in which any tableware is manufactured, held, distributed, used, or sold.
(2) Enter any vehicle that is being used to transport or hold tableware.
(3) Enter any place where any tableware is suspected of being held or sold in violation of this chapter.
(4) Inspect any factory, warehouse, establishment, vehicle, or place in which any tableware is manufactured, held, transported, distributed, used, or sold, and all equipment, raw materials, finished and unfinished materials, containers, and tableware therein. The inspection shall include any record, file, paper, process, control, and facility that has a bearing on whether the tableware complies with this chapter.
(5) Secure any sample or specimen of any tableware or of any release of lead or cadmium from tableware. If the agent obtains any samples prior to leaving the premises, he or she shall leave a receipt describing any sample obtained. The department shall secure only the quantity of tableware that is reasonably necessary to conduct the tests to determine the release of lead or cadmium as determined appropriate by the department.
(6) Have access to all records of carriers in commerce relating to the movement in commerce of any tableware, or the holding for sale of the tableware, and the quantity, shipper, and consignee.
(b) It is unlawful for any person to refuse to permit entry or inspection, the taking of samples or other evidence, including photographs, or access to copying of any record as authorized by this chapter, or to conceal the samples or evidence, or withhold evidence concerning them.