You are here: California / Food and Agricultural Code - FAC / ARTICLE 7. Actions and Penalties [67111. - 67114.] / Section 67112.5.

Section 67112.5. (Added by Stats. 2002, Ch. 946, Sec. 56.)
Cite as: Cal. Food & Agric. Code §67112.5.

(a)The commission may commence civil actions and utilize all remedies provided in law or equity for the collection of assessments and civil penalties, and to obtain injunctive relief or specific performance, with respect to this chapter and the rules and regulations adopted under this chapter.

(b)A court shall issue to the commission any requested writ of attachment or injunctive relief upon a prima facie showing by verified complaint that a named defendant has violated this chapter or any other rule or regulation of the commission, including, but not limited to, the nonpayment of assessments. No bond shall be required to be posted by the commission as a condition for the issuance of any writ of attachment or injunctive relief.

(c)A writ of attachment shall be issued pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 485.010) of Title 6.5 of Part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, except that the showing specified by Section 485.010 is not required. Injunctive relief shall be issued pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 525) of Title 7 of Part 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, except that the showing of irreparable harm or of inadequate remedy at law specified by Section 526 or 527 is not required.

(d)Upon entry of any final judgment on behalf of the commission against any defendant, the court shall enjoin the defendant from conducting any type of business regarding avocados until there is full compliance with and satisfaction of the judgment.

(e)The commission is entitled, upon a favorable judgment for the commission, to receive reimbursement for any reasonable attorney’s fees and other actual related costs incurred in any action commenced by the commission for the enforcement of this chapter. Venue for actions commenced by the commission may be established at the domicile or place of business of the defendant or in the county of the principal office of the commission. The commission may be sued only in the county of its principal office.

Copyright 2009-2013. No claims made to original government works.