You are here: California / Education Code - EDC / ARTICLE 12. Temporary Transfer of Water Stock [81490. - 81492.] / Section 81490.

Section 81490. (Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)
Cite as: Cal. Educ. Code §81490.

The governing body of any community college district owning shares of stock in a mutual water company, which stock is not appurtenant to any land, may rent, lease, or assign such shares, for a term not to exceed one year, if the board determines the water to which the district is entitled by ownership of such shares is not required to meet the needs of the district during the term for which it is rented, leased or assigned.

Copyright 2009-2013. No claims made to original government works.